PDSI 9937 – Permission to Speak Freely
Earn from 1-2 graduate credits.
- 1 credit $150 per course, 2 credits with completion of Place Based Education Indepenedent Study Day, $275
- Can’t make the live Saturday date? No worries, the course will be offered “On Demand” after each session. No Stress.
- For 34 years, we have been in the trenches with teachers. We care about you.
Date: October 2, 2021
Instructor: Dr. Matthew Kincaid
“Permission to Speak Freely”
Dr. Matthew Kincaid
- 8:00 – 9:00 am – Introductions and Setting Expectations – Scott Ricardo
- 9:00 – 10:00 am – Session I Keynote
- 10:15 – 11:00 am – Session II Keynote
- 11:15 – Noon – PLC Prompts
- Noon to 1:30 pm – Working Lunch, organizing and submitting notes into your Canvas apartment
- 1:30 – 2:30 pm Session II Keynote
- 2:45 – 3:15 pm Q & A with presenter
- 3:15 – 3:45 pm PLC Prompts
- 3:45 – 4:00 pm Enter conference notes into your Canvas apartment.
- 4:00 – 6:00 pm Optional wellness and stress release activities
Additional Independent Study to complete 15 hours which = 1 graduate semester credit. TBD. Submit activities into Canvas Learning Platform.
2 credit option: Completion of the one credit requirements above and a one day Place Based Education Independent Study Day. Journal your hours of PBE, answer the 10 questions, and submit into Canvas Learning Platform.
About Dr. Matthew Kincaid
Dr. Matt Kincaid has delivered hundreds of leadership talks, presentations, workshops, and training sessions to a long list of clients including Microsoft, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Procter & Gamble, the US Department of Energy, the US Department of Homeland Security, and the US Department of the Treasury. Matt has been interviewed for both Forbes.com and Investor’s Business Daily, and in 2018, Inc.com listed him as one of the Top 100 Leadership Speakers in the United States. His co-authored leadership book, Permission to Speak Freely, was highly praised by multiple New York Times bestselling authors and has sold copies across five continents. It has also been translated into Chinese for greater distribution in Asia. In academia, Matt’s peer-reviewed work on servant-leadership has been published in both the International Journal of Servant-Leadership and the International Journal of Leadership Studies. He has also been featured in two widely-distributed textbooks published by Pearson Prentice Hall, and has been a top-rated professor at two different institutions for more than a decade—several times being rated the #1 instructor on campus. Matt holds an MBA and a PhD in Leadership Studies from Gonzaga University.
Earn Credit Hours through the University of the Pacific
Summer Institutes partners with the Center for Professional and Continuing Education (CPCE) at the University of the Pacific to offer professional development programming where students can earn graduate-level professional development units (PDUs) for successful completion of applicable coursework. Learn more