PDSI 9976 – Effectively Teaching Students
Date: Ongoing at Individual’s Own Pace
Instructor: Dr. Matthew Kincaid
Online Course: PDSI 9976
Effectively Teaching Students with Dr. Matthew Kincaid
Come spend a wonderfully interactive and supportive 5-weeks as part of the SI family. You’ll enjoy top notch speaker presentations, participate in stimulating discussion threads, spend time on your own with wellness activities, and network with fellow SI teachers from across the nation! Join us!
Open to anyone at a reduced rate without graduate credits. Independent Study Course.
Course Snap Shot
- Week One – Eliminate Stress – Brian Cain/Kelly McGonigal
- Week Two – Relationships, Relevancy & Rigor – Bruce Brown/Rick Miller
- Week Three – Leadership, Character & Collaboration – Sir Ken Robinson
- Week Four – Instructional Strategies & Planning – PLC
- Week Five – PLC Networking Forums – Susan Cain
– The Learner and Learning – Learning Environment
– Content Knowledge – Content Knowledge, Application of Content
– Professional Responsibility – Leadership and Collaboration
– Instructional Practice – Instructional Strategies, Instructional Planning
Graduates will receive:
– 3 Semester Graduate Level Continuing Education Credits*
*Requires purchase of 3 credits during registration.
– University of the Pacific (non-profit/WASC approved)
About the Instructor
Matt Kincaid holds an MBA and a PhD in Leadership Studies from Gonzaga University. As a consultant, speaker, and leadership coach, Dr. Kincaid works with organizations all across the US. He was recently named in Inc. Magazine as one of the Top 100 leadership speakers in the nation for 2018. As an academic, Dr. Kincaid serves as an associate professor of business at Heritage University. His work on servant-leadership has been published in multiple scientific journals, including the International Journal of Leadership Studies and the International Journal of Servant-Leadership. Dr. Kincaid co-authored the Amazon Top 10 New Release, Permission to Speak Freely: How the Best Leaders Cultivate a Culture of Candor, which has been sold across the globe and highly praised by several New York Times bestselling authors. The book released internationally on March 20, 2017 via Berrett-Koehler Publishers. It is also being translated into Chinese and will debut in Asia sometime in 2018.
Additional Course Details
Rick Miller, Founder, Kids At Hope
Title: Taking Control of Conflict
Rick is one of the most informed and effective spokespersons for children. He is able to translate complicated theory into straightforward and powerful expressions about what is best for youth.
- 45 years educating, advocating, caring, and supporting the futures of all youth
- Served for Presidents Reagan and Carter
- White House Youth Summit Coordinator & Youth Employment Task Force
- Adjunct faculty member with Arizona State University since 1984
- Author: “Youth Development from the Trenches“
- Founder/Established Kids At Hope Schools in 18 States and Canada
Earn Credit Hours through the University of the Pacific
Summer Institutes partners with the Center for Professional and Continuing Education (CPCE) at the University of the Pacific to offer professional development programming where students can earn graduate-level professional development units (PDUs) for successful completion of applicable coursework. Learn more