Bringing Manners and Respect Back into the Classroom
Earn from 1-2 graduate credits.
Date: January 8, 2022
Instructor: Jim Walden
“Bringing Manners and Respect Back into the Classroom”
Coach and Author
- 8:00 – 9:00 am – Introductions and Setting Expectations – Scott Ricardo
- 9:00 – 10:00 am – Session I Keynote
- 10:15 – 11:00 am – Session II Keynote
- 11:15 – Noon – PLC Prompts
- Noon to 1:30 pm – Working Lunch, organizing and submitting notes into your Canvas apartment
- 1:30 – 2:30 pm Session II Keynote
- 2:45 – 3:15 pm Q & A with presenter
- 3:15 – 3:45 pm PLC Prompts
- 3:45 – 4:00 pm Enter conference notes into your Canvas apartment.
- 4:00 – 6:00 pm Optional wellness and stress release activities
Additional Independent Study to complete 15 hours which = 1 graduate semester credit. Submit activities Canvas apartment.
2 credit option: Complete one credit requirements above and then complete a one day Place Based Education experiential learning experience. Journal your hours of PBE and wellness, plus answer 10 questions and/or complete your finished product story (15 hours). Submit into Canvas apartment.
About Jim Walden
Jim Walden (link his name to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Walden) played QB for Wyoming and in the Canadian Professional Football League. As a coach, he was a member of Bob Devaney’s University of Nebraska’s National Championships Teams in 1970 and 1971. Later he became the famous and most successful WSU Cougar Head Coach.
Earn Credit Hours through the University of the Pacific
Summer Institutes partners with the Center for Professional and Continuing Education (CPCE) at the University of the Pacific to offer professional development programming where students can earn graduate-level professional development units (PDUs) for successful completion of applicable coursework. Learn more