PDSI 9935 – The Resiliency Breakthrough
Earn from 1-2 graduate credits.
- 1 credit $150 per course, 2 credits with completion of Place Based Education Indepenedent Study Day, $275
- Can’t make the live Saturday date? No worries, the course will be offered “On Demand” after each session. No Stress.
- For 34 years, we have been in the trenches with teachers. We care about you.
Date: September 4, 2021
Instructor: Christian Moore
“The Resiliency Breakthrough”
- 8:00 – 9:00 am – Introductions and Setting Expectations – Scott Ricardo
- 9:00 – 10:00 am – Session I Keynote
- 10:15 – 11:00 am – Session II Keynote
- 11:15 – Noon – PLC Prompts
- Noon to 1:30 pm – Working Lunch, organizing and submitting notes into your Canvas apartment
- 1:30 – 2:30 pm Session II Keynote
- 2:45 – 3:15 pm Q & A with presenter
- 3:15 – 3:45 pm PLC Prompts
- 3:45 – 4:00 pm Enter conference notes into your Canvas apartment.
- 4:00 – 6:00 pm Optional wellness and stress release activities
Additional Independent Study to complete 15 hours which = 1 graduate semester credit. Submit activities Canvas apartment.
2 credit option: Complete one credit requirements above and then complete a one day Place Based Education experiential learning experience. Journal your hours of PBE and wellness, plus answer 10 questions and/or complete your finished product story (15 hours). Submit into Canvas apartment.
About Christian Moore
Christian Moore is an internationally-renowned speaker, licensed clinical social worker, and advocate for youth. He is the author of The Resilience Breakthrough: 27 Tools for Turning Adversity into Action. He was a commencement speaker in the School of Education at John Hopkins University and spoke at a White House convening for the Reach Higher Initiative.
Christian found his passion in social work. He created the WhyTry Program, which has been implemented in over 25,000 organizations. Christian has flown over 6 million miles and reached over 3 million kids.
Christian’s engaging style combines humor and research with a powerful personal journey. He consistently earns the highest ratings at conferences and events.
Earn Credit Hours through the University of the Pacific
Summer Institutes partners with the Center for Professional and Continuing Education (CPCE) at the University of the Pacific to offer professional development programming where students can earn graduate-level professional development units (PDUs) for successful completion of applicable coursework. Learn more