Proven Strategies to Ace & Embrace Teaching Live or Virtual
Earn from 1-2 graduate credits.
Date: September 4, 2021
Instructor: Alex Kajitani
“Proven Strategies to Ace & Embrace Teaching Live or Virtual”
The Rappin Mathematician
- 8:00 – 9:00 am – Introductions and Setting Expectations – Scott Ricardo
- 9:00 – 10:00 am – Session I Keynote
- 10:15 – 11:00 am – Session II Keynote
- 11:15 – Noon – PLC Prompts
- Noon to 1:30 pm – Working Lunch, organizing and submitting notes into your Canvas apartment
- 1:30 – 2:30 pm Session II Keynote
- 2:45 – 3:15 pm Q & A with presenter
- 3:15 – 3:45 pm PLC Prompts
- 3:45 – 4:00 pm Enter conference notes into your Canvas apartment.
- 4:00 – 6:00 pm Optional wellness and stress release activities
Additional Independent Study to complete 15 hours which = 1 graduate semester credit. Submit activities Canvas apartment.
2 credit option: Complete one credit requirements above and then complete a one day Place Based Education experiential learning experience. Journal your hours of PBE and wellness, plus answer 10 questions and/or complete your finished product story (15 hours). Submit into Canvas apartment.
About Alex Kajitani
Alex Kajitani is the 2009 California Teacher of the Year, and a Top-4 Finalist for National Teacher of the Year. He is the author of several highly acclaimed books, and a leading authority on training teachers to teach online and in -person. During the Covid-19 shutdown, he created “Wacky Math Hour,” a free, weekly online class that attracted thousands of students. He is also the creator of the wildly popular online program, www.
Earn Credit Hours through the University of the Pacific
Summer Institutes partners with the Center for Professional and Continuing Education (CPCE) at the University of the Pacific to offer professional development programming where students can earn graduate-level professional development units (PDUs) for successful completion of applicable coursework. Learn more