PDSI 9962 – HOPE PIPELINE through Relationship-Based Education
1 – 3 Credits Available
Date: June 26-29, 2019
Time: 8AM – 6PM daily
Location: QLN Center, 938 Avenida Del Oro, Oceanside, CA 92056
Credits Available: 1-3
Summer Institutes & CALSA present
The Pipeline Summit
Summer Institutes & CALSA Pipeline Educators Symposium is the only holistic conference that brings together Administration, Teachers, Coaches, Parents, Juvenile Justice Department, educational sponsors, and community to become a TEAM to help youth succeed!
Participants will benefit from:
- Unique 1-day teacher & administrator unity symposium (optional 1-4 days for teachers)
- University of Pacific Salary Professional 1-3 semester credits available
- Exploration of HOPE Pipeline paths to increase caring relationship-based education, decrease teacher burnout, increase social/emotional wellness & encourage teachers to become relational-based leaders in administrative rolls
- A vibrant Culture of Hope Pipeline through administrators, teachers, students, coaches, parents, educational partners, and community
- Informal Job Fair Pipeline, PLC & Socials
- A Wellness Pipeline for nutrition and activities
- 5-Star rated presenters only! Featuring Rick Miller, Kids At Hope
- Ignite Talks (with partners and educators)
- Inclusion of crucial classroom management skills components
Participants will feel rejuvenated, retooled, and remember why they are educators.
The Summer Institutes Difference
Attending a Summer Institutes Conference provides more than just a way to earn additional teaching certification credits, opportunities to earn salary advancement credits, or obtaining professional clock hours. We want to be your partner throughout your continuing education journey. Whether it’s listening to one of our engaging presenters, attending a PBE (Place Based Education) workshop, sharing peer expertise in PLC’s, or participating in a wellness activity or stress reduction class, we’re committed to providing you with the maximum return on your investment. You’ll leave our conferences feeling refreshed, replenished, and rejuvenated. Bottom line: we care about you!
“In my 25 years of evaluating educator conferences, nobody does it as well as Summer Institutes.”
Dr. Rich McBridge, Superintendent – 2014 National President AESA
- Develop a pipeline of caring, trusting relationships in a culture of HOPE from administrators to teachers to students to parents to community!
- Develop a pipeline of SI trained teachers to become more effective administrative leaders.
- Develop a pipeline for all participants to have empathy and support each other through social/emotional/physical wellness activities.
- Ignite Talks – 5 min talks on various topics
- Place-Based Education
- Wellness Education Saturday:Including choice of free Golf, Surfing, Tennis, Bowling lessons, free admittance to local health clubs, plus Best Ball Golf Tourney activity (green fees not included)
Featured Presenter: Rick Miller
Spend a day with Rick Miller, founder, CEO and Chief Treasure Hunter of Kids at Hope.
Rick is the founder and CEO of Kids at Hope, an international child, and youth development organization that studies family, school, and community cultures to understand better the dynamics of success and failure.
Rick is also a professor of practice and clinical director within Arizona State University’s Center for the Advanced Study and Practice of HOPE the world’s first academic, research and community outreach center committed to the science and practice of HOPE.
Rick has spent 49 years in the field of child and youth development as a practitioner, researcher, teacher, public policy expert, and author.
He has published four books including Youth Development from the Trenches and his newest book due out spring of 2019, The Soul, Science and Culture of HOPE.
Rick’s research is revolutionizing the understanding of child and youth development and cultures. His work is modeled in 21 states and Canada and has been cited by the American Academy of Pediatrics in a book it published on youth resiliency.
In 2014 the Arizona Supreme Court adopted Kids at Hope to help redefine their juvenile justice system from risk to hope.
He has received Arizona State University’s Visionary Award; the City of Phoenix, Martin Luther King, Jr. Living the Dream Award; and the Freedom Foundation at Valley Forge George Washington Medal.
Included in his many keynotes, workshops, seminars, and symposiums is a TED Talk.
Pipeline Schedule (1-6 credits)
Site Coordinator: Scott Ricardo
Scott Ricardo, Summer Institutes President/Founder 1987, will be personally facilitating this first Pipeline Summit.
Scott will be covering the follow topics during the summit:
- Relationship building based on care, hope & trust
- Mindfulness practices to decrease stress
- Social & Emotional Wellness
- Subject/Grade level PLC Facilitator
- Place Based Education
- Wellness Education
1. Sponsored Luncheon – $2,500
2. 5-Minute Ignite Talks & Slides (with partners and educators) on Wednesday and face-to-face interaction on Friday – $2,000 each (5 partner slots available)
3. Opening ceremonies Coaches Social Sponsor – $2,500
For further information, please contact Scott Ricardo.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to put your business in front of this diverse audience. Space is limited!
Location & Directions
This event will take place at the QLN Center, 938 Avenida Del Oro, Oceanside, CA 92056
The STEAM Education Movement in Schools
STEAM education is gaining popularity in schools across the country. Learn how students are benefitting from educators who have begun adopting this framework.
“Hard at work at Summer Institutes.”
Film provided by Alex Kajitani, California Teacher of the Year and nationally known as “The Rappin’ Mathematician” http://alexkajitani.com
“Taking STEM to the next level with STEAM learning opportunities and activities.”
Film provided by Art Teacher Cassidee Dermond, https://cassideesartgallery.weebly.com.