PDSI 9969 – Student Engagement, Enriching the Learning Environment
3 Credits Available
Date: June 22 – 26, 2020
Time: 8AM – 6PM daily
Franklin High School
31000 Joy Rd
Livonia, MI 48150
Credits Available: 3
Summer Institutes presents in:
This rejuvenating conference includes everything you’ve grown to expect from SI and more.
- Replenish, Rejuvenate & Remember Why You Teach
- Trauma Informed Strategies
- Relational Equity Training
- PLC Collaboration Components, including Teacher Empathy
- From STEM to STEAM: Place-Based Education Trips
- Innovative Technology
- Relevant Standards-Based Presentations
- Important Wellness Activities
- 3 Semester University of the Pacific Graduate Level Credits
- Three-credit class is a forty-five hour week (3 semester units = 4.5 quarter credits).
- University of the Pacific (non-profit/WASC approved)
- Save money with Early Bird registration and Group Rates! (3 or more from the same school)
The Summer Institutes Difference
Attending a Summer Institutes Conference provides more than just a way to earn additional teaching certification credits, opportunities to earn salary advancement credits, or obtaining professional clock hours. We want to be your partner throughout your continuing education journey. Whether it’s listening to one of our engaging presenters, attending a PBE (Place Based Education) workshop, sharing peer expertise in PLC’s, or participating in a wellness activity or stress reduction class, we’re committed to providing you with the maximum return on your investment. You’ll leave our conferences feeling refreshed, replenished, and rejuvenated. Bottom line: we care about you!
“In my 25 years of evaluating educator conferences, nobody does it as well as Summer Institutes.”
Dr. Rich McBridge, Superintendent – 2014 National President AESA
Jennifer Goodman and Joann Weil, Hope Middle School,
Trauma Empowered Educators
Tim Wood, Grand Valley State University, Common Sense Classroom Discipline
Jackson Kaguri, Built an Orphanage in Uganda. 2015 Waisalitz Global Citizen Award, Time Magazine, CNN featured, addressed UN twice. Author: Victory for My Village, A School for My Village, Precious Stones, Leadership
Derrick Veale, St. John High School, Computer Session, “Making it Easier for Teachers and Students”
Mitch Lutzke, Williamson High School, Using Your Community for Teaching Enrichment
Tracy Hazel, OSHA-Red Cross- National Safety Council Certified, Active Shooter
Site Coordinator: Dick Comar
Dick Comar will be facilitating the Livonia SI Conference.
Dick will be covering the follow topics during the summit:
- Relationship building based on care, hope & trust
- Mindfulness practices to decrease stress
- Social & Emotional Wellness
- Subject/Grade level PLC Facilitator
- Place Based Education
- Wellness Education
The STEAM Education Movement in Schools
STEAM education is gaining popularity in schools across the country. Learn how students are benefitting from educators who have begun adopting this framework.
“Hard at work at Summer Institutes.”
Film provided by Alex Kajitani, California Teacher of the Year and nationally known as “The Rappin’ Mathematician” http://alexkajitani.com
“Taking STEM to the next level with STEAM learning opportunities and activities.”
Film provided by Art Teacher Cassidee Dermond, https://cassideesartgallery.weebly.com.
Location & Directions
This event will take place at Franklin High School located at 31000 Joy Rd
Livonia, MI 48150.