PDSI 9967 – Empowering (At-Hope) Students to Self-Manage
1 – 2 Credits Available
Date: June 29, 2020
Time: 8AM – 6PM daily
Credits Available: 1-2
Summer Institutes presents in:
This rejuvenating conference includes everything you’ve grown to expect from SI and more.
- Replenish, Rejuvenate & Remember Why You Teach
- Trauma Informed Strategies
- Relational Equity Training
- PLC Collaboration Components, including Teacher Empathy
- From STEM to STEAM: Place-Based Education Trips
- Innovative Technology
- Relevant Standards-Based Presentations
- Important Wellness Activities
- 1 – 2 Semester University of the Pacific Graduate Level Credit
- University of the Pacific (non-profit/WASC approved)
The Summer Institutes Difference
Attending a Summer Institutes Conference provides more than just a way to earn additional teaching certification credits, opportunities to earn salary advancement credits, or obtaining professional clock hours. We want to be your partner throughout your continuing education journey. Whether it’s listening to one of our engaging presenters, attending a PBE (Place Based Education) workshop, sharing peer expertise in PLC’s, or participating in a wellness activity or stress reduction class, we’re committed to providing you with the maximum return on your investment. You’ll leave our conferences feeling refreshed, replenished, and rejuvenated. Bottom line: we care about you!
“In my 25 years of evaluating educator conferences, nobody does it as well as Summer Institutes.”
Dr. Rich McBridge, Superintendent – 2014 National President AESA
Featured Presenter: Scott Ricardo
Spend a day learning how to teach students to self-manage.
Empowering (At-Hope) Students to Self-Manage…the First Step to Reducing Teacher Burnout!
Do you as a teacher experience the following student behavior: Cussing, laughing, bullying teachers, being rude, looking at their phones, walking out in the hallway, throwing things and even getting physical with you?
Coach Ricardo uses his university coaching experience, style and motivational techniques to inspire (At-Hope) youth to learn how to succeed in the classroom and future career settings.
Join this one-day SI RECHARGE and find out how to empower your students to self-manage!
Teachers will learn:
- Mindfulness techniques
- “Top 10 List” most common student mistake self-assessment tool
- Student time management & work ethic
- Which students get hired, which don’t? Why?
- Student self-awareness and how to change the formula.
- Peer Empathy and Collaboration PLC
- Student Behavior/Teacher Response Scenarios
Summer Institutes Founder (1987) Coach Scott Ricardo’s most successful accomplishments include:
- Founder of Humboldt State University’s, We Believe in Youth Mentorship Program
The WBY program was so successful that Mr. Ricardo was asked by AFCA Executive Director Coach Grant Teaff to be a keynote presenter for the American Football Coaches Association’s College National Convention and was also featured on the Children’s Miracle Network nationalized TV program. The WBY program’s number one focus was to reduce male violence, especially against women.
- College and European Professional Football Coach (22 years); Athletic Director; Fundraiser; College Wrestling Coach; College & K-12 PE teacher (35 years) (Voted Three-Time High School Teacher of Distinction by senior class at previous district)
- President/Founder/University Instructor, Summer Institutes (33 years), a national company that provides graduate level professional development courses for educators, coaches, and the general public across the nation. This program features an expertise with classroom management, reducing teacher burnout, and increasing teacher performance.
- Educational and Sports Consultant, https://summerinstitutes.com/consulting/
Site Coordinator: Scott Ricardo
The STEAM Education Movement in Schools
STEAM education is gaining popularity in schools across the country. Learn how students are benefitting from educators who have begun adopting this framework.
“Hard at work at Summer Institutes.”
Film provided by Alex Kajitani, California Teacher of the Year and nationally known as “The Rappin’ Mathematician” http://alexkajitani.com
“Taking STEM to the next level with STEAM learning opportunities and activities.”
Film provided by Art Teacher Cassidee Dermond, https://cassideesartgallery.weebly.com.
Location & Directions
This event will take place at TBD.