PDSI – Student Engagement, Enriching the Learning Environment
3 – 4 Credits Available
Date: June 22-26, 2020
Time: 8AM – 6PM daily
Assembly of God Church
431 Brown St
Moses Lake, WA 98837
Credits Available: 3-4
Clock Hours: 50 NCESD Clock Hours in 5 Days
Summer Institutes presents
Moses Lake, WA
This rejuvenating conference includes everything you’ve grown to expect from SI and more.
- Relational Equity
- Relevant Standards-Based Presentations
- Interesting PLC Collaboration Component
- Place Based Education Day Trips
- Effective Implementation of the Common Core
- Important Wellness Activities
- Innovative Technology
- Replenish, Rejuvenate & Remember Why You Teach.
- 50 NCESD Clock Hours in Five Days. Choose conference fee only, an additional $2 per hour fee is paid directly to NCESD.
- 3 – 4 Semester University of the Pacific Graduate Level Credits
- Three-credit class is a forty-five hour week (3 semester units = 4.5 quarter credits). Four credit class is a 60 hour week (4 semester units = 6 quarter units)
- University of the Pacific (non-profit/WASC approved)
- Save money with Early Bird registration and Group Rates! (3 or more from the same school)
The Summer Institutes Difference
Attending a Summer Institutes Conference provides more than just a way to earn additional teaching certification credits, opportunities to earn salary advancement credits, or obtaining professional clock hours. We want to be your partner throughout your continuing education journey. Whether it’s listening to one of our engaging presenters, attending a PBE (Place Based Education) workshop, sharing peer expertise in PLC’s, or participating in a wellness activity or stress reduction class, we’re committed to providing you with the maximum return on your investment. You’ll leave our conferences feeling refreshed, replenished, and rejuvenated. Bottom line: we care about you!
Featured Presenter: Dr. Johnny Lake
Spend a day with world renown Equity & Diversity Expert, Dr. Johnny Lake.
Dr. Johnny Lake is a nationally certified and internationally recognized educator and speaker in programs focused on equity, inclusion, leadership, diversity, community-building, cross-cultural interactions skills and ethics. He has worked as a teacher, lecturer, and storyteller in the US and internationally in Europe, Turkey, Australia and Canada. Dr. Lake has served as a facilitator and trainer for law firms, court and justice systems, community service organizations, universities and communities. He has also developed strategies and curriculum to disrupt bullying behaviors in school. Dr. Lake graduated from Willamette University with a BS in History, is a member of Mortar Board, and was awarded the Phi Beta Kappa designation. He holds a Master’s degree and Ph.D. in Educational Leadership: Policy, Management and Organization from the University of Oregon. He also is currently serving as an administrator on special assignment in the 4J schools in Eugene. He is a former member and chairman for the State of Oregon Commission on Black Affairs and former Education Chair for the NAACP.
Featured Presenter: Don Fogle
Spend a day with SEL training, Educational Entertainer and Comedian, Don Fogle “Teaching with a Higher Purpose.”
Don Fogle is an educational entertainer, World Frisbee Champion and teacher of SEL, neurokinetics, circus and movement arts. Don has presented for more than 5,000 schools nationwide.
Aspire to inspire your students by creating a positive atmosphere in your classroom.
Integrate social and life skills within your regular curriculum by adding movement and fun in a success oriented setting. Develop positive thought and behavior patterns by connecting your students emotionally to the content and purpose of your lessons. Guaranteed to put new tools in your teacher’s tool belt. This is a movement learning session. Bring athletic footwear and be ready to MOVE!
His resume includes:
- 35 years as program director, curriculum designer and educational entertainer with W.E.C.A.R.E. Sports Programs.
- 3 years co-director, curriculum designer, teacher and lead artist for Kid Konnection Circus Arts Program, a federal youth at risk program co-sponsored by The Oregon Coast Council for the Arts and the Oregoe State University extension office, Newport, Or.
- Keynote speaker and presenter at state and national educational conferences, including Summer Institutes.
- Featured on Good Morning America and KOMO TV Seattle’s Frontrunners.
More presenters coming soon!
Site Coordinators: Chris Mason & Fernando Alvarez
Chris Mason and Fernando Alvarez will be facilitating the Wenatchee SI Conference.
Chris & Fernando will be covering the follow topics during the summit:
- Relationship building based on care, hope & trust
- Mindfulness practices to decrease stress
- Social & Emotional Wellness
- Subject/Grade level PLC Facilitator
- Place Based Education
- Wellness Education
Location & Directions
This event will take place at Assembly of God Church located at 431 Brown St Moses Lake, WA 98837.
The STEAM Education Movement in Schools
STEAM education is gaining popularity in schools across the country. Learn how students are benefitting from educators who have begun adopting this framework.
“Hard at work at Summer Institutes.”
Film provided by Alex Kajitani, California Teacher of the Year and nationally known as “The Rappin’ Mathematician” http://alexkajitani.com
“Taking STEM to the next level with STEAM learning opportunities and activities.”
Film provided by Art Teacher Cassidee Dermond, https://cassideesartgallery.weebly.com.