2022 National Conference
PDSI 9943, "Replenish, Rejuvenate & Remember Why You Teach"
A full five-day experience
Educator Wellbeing Conferences & Accelerating Academic Achievement
for 35 years (1987)
Looking for relevant interesting professional development, college credits and rejuvenation? Why not get all three at summer Institutes?
About this conference
- Interactive SI family SEL stress reducing components
- New PTCMS: Team Classroom Management System
- Being in the now
- Enhancing the group climate and culture of our schools
- Capturing effort
- Do you control your mind or does your mind control you?
- Reducing the fear of failure
- Live virtual or on-demand track options
University of Pacific Graduate Level Credits
3 credits (45 hours) – Passing grade: Attendance & journaling.
Letter grade: Passing requirements, plus written report on presenters
4 credits (60 hours) – Passing grade & letter grades same as 3 credits, plus one independent study book reading/report on Ingrid Rick’s Book, Focus.
Clock Hours Available – Register for Conference Only and contact North Central ESD.
Additional Links & Materials
Course title: PDSI 9943
Replenish, Rejuvenate & Remember Why You Teach
Ingrid Ricks, New York Times Best Selling Author
Seizing the Power of Now
- Rewrite the Negative Stories You Tell Yourself
- Strip Fear of its Power
- Turn Your Adversity into an Asset
- Embrace Change
- Go For it – Whatever IT is
“I LOVE That Guy!”
Katie Couric, CBS Evening News
Alex Kajitani, Speaker, Author & California Teacher of the Year
Owning It: Proven Strategies to Stress Less, Teach More & Love What You Do
- Engage students with easy-to-implement, high-leverage strategies that have a big impact on learning.
- Manage the classroom environment with confidence and creativity, so students learn in an atmosphere of positivity and safety.
- Create a classroom culture where student thrive.
- Interact with colleagues in ways that are productive and healthy, and avoid mid-year burnout!
Barbi Riggs, Sweet Home Unified School District
From Para Educator to District Administrator, Building Trusting/Caring Teams
- Strong relationships allowed teaching in a pandemic to be successful.
- Communication was the key to reaching students in person or through hybrid teaching.
- Wellness needs to not only be important for our students but for ourselves as educators.
Mark Speckman, International Inspirational Presenter/Coach
Figure It Out
- Recognize interconnectedness of motivation, attitude, talent and potential
- Can we motivate students?
- Power of potential
- Awaken ability to “Figure it Out”
Coach Golden Pat Ruel, Seattle Seahawks World Champion/Author
Does Your Brain Control You or Do you Control Your Brain?
Scott Ricardo, President/Founder Summer Institutes
Positive Team Classroom Management System
- Building Caring Relationships
- Establish a Concept of Team
- Maximizing Teaching Time
- 100% Student Engagement in Seconds
Place-based education (PBE) immerses students in local heritage, cultures, landscapes, opportunities and experiences, using these as a foundation for the study of language arts, mathematics, social studies, science and other subjects across the curriculum. PBE emphasizes learning through participation in service projects for the local school and/or community.
All participants will be encouraged to participate in 2 hours of self-care wellness at the end of each day.