NOT OFFERED IN 2018
This rejuvenating conference includes everything you’ve grown to expect from SI and more.
- Relational Equity
- Relevant Standards-Based Presentations
- Interesting PLC Collaboration Component
- Place Based Education Day Trips
- Effective Implementation of the Common Core
- Important Wellness Activities
- Innovative Technology
- Replenish, Rejuvenate & Remember Why You Teach.
- 3 Semester University of the Pacific Graduate Level Credits in 5-days
- Three-credit class is a forty-five hour week (3 semester units = 4.5 quarter credits).
- University of the Pacific (non-profit/WASC approved)
- Save money with Early Bird registration and Group Rates! (3 or more from the same school)
Venue: Oregon Education Association Facility
Address: 2540 Coral Ave. NE Salem, Oregon 97305
$335.00 – $455.00
Enroll now before prices increase!
There will be a $100 non refundable deposit and no refunds after June 1.
Register for clock hours prior to the class. Please visit NCESD
Contact Your Site Coordinator
Thirty years as President/Founder of Summer Institutes (1987). The original site was located in Montesano, WA. Since then, Summer Institutes have grown to fifteen sites in four states.
While running his company, he also worked for twenty-one years as a University Teacher/ Coach/ Fund Raiser at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, University of California, Berkeley, Washington State University, Central Washington University and Humboldt State University.
At Humboldt State, he founded and directed the “We Believe in Youth” Mentorship Program for At-Risk Youth. The success of the program gained national attention and he was a featured guest speaker on the nationally televised Children’s Miracle Network Show. He also was awarded the Humboldt County Community Service Award for his efforts with at-risk youth. The program started with five college student-athletes mentoring 20 local at-risk youth. Within four years the program grew to twenty mentors serving over a hundred youth.
For ten years he worked as a teacher at Hughson High School. The last three years, he was selected by the graduating senior class and received the “Teacher of Distinction Award.”
For two years, he worked as the athletic director for Port Townsend High School. He developed a theme called “TEAM Port Townsend”. Ricardo promoted that everyone in the close-knit community of Port Townsend should share in the common goal to help Port Townsend’s youth succeed by providing a first-class experience for all students. Athletic teams improved both on and off the field, attendance increased and the community donated over $60,000 to help improve the PTHS athletic program.
In 2014 he returned to coaching by joining the Uppsala 86ers staff in the European American Professional Football League and consulted with the Swedish Sports federation.
Scott lives with his wife of 38 years in Port Townsend, WA. They have three children and three grand children.
- Thirty years as President/Founder of Summer Institutes.
• Thirty-eight years of teaching experience.
• Masters Degree and Single Subject Teaching Credential.
• Created and directed the nationally acclaimed “We Believe in Youth”Mentorship Program at Humboldt State University (1994).
• Three-time Hughson High School “Teacher of Distinction”Award winner (2004-2005-2006).
- Guest on nationally televised program sponsored by CBS and The Children’s Miracle Network, honoring Ricardo’s “We Believe In Youth Mentoring Program”.
• Keynote Speaker at the American Football Coaches’ Association National Convention.
• Presenter at Football Coach of the Year Clinics on the “Shotgun 5-Wide Out Systems” and “Offensive Line Play”.
• Published article in the Extra Point National Magazine.
• Community Service Award from the North Coast Prevention Celebration Committee, for Training Future Teachers and helping local At-Risk Youth.
- Two years of high school Head Coaching and seventeen years of Offensive Coordinating experience at the collegiate level.
• Washington State University: Varsity offensive line and Head Junior Varsity Coach. J.V. team beat its cross-state rivals, the Washington Huskies, two years in a row.
• In his rookie year as a college recruiter for the WSU Cougars, he signed Eric Williams who became a PAC 10 All Conference player and was drafted to the NFL. Eric, from St. Mary’s, Stockton, CA started for Washington Redskins Super Bowl Championship Team(1980).
• Central Washington University: In nine seasons maintained a winning percentage of 79%, which included four National Playoff Teams.
• Central Washington University Head Wrestling Coach. Team finished 7th in Nation
• In his first two years as Offensive Coordinator at Humboldt State University, the team recorded back to back 8-win seasons (1994-95)
• As a first year Hughson High School Football Coach his team went undefeated in the TVL League (1998).
• Assistant Wrestling Coach (scouting coordinator) for Hughson High School’s Small Schools State Championship Team (2005)
• Offensive coordinator for Port Townsend High School. In 2008, the team finished with a winning record (first winning season in five years).
* Swedish Sports Federation Consultant and Assistant Offensive Line Coach for the Uppsala 86ers in the European American Professional Football League (2014).
- Lead fund raiser to acquire $40,000 worth of food donations for eight consecutive years (H.S.U.)
• Successfully received grants amounting to $83,200 in four years (H.S.U.)
• Top solicitor for Sport Auction items (H.S.U.)
• Created coupon book that generated $20,000 (C.W.U)
• Created a “TEAM Port Townsend” Booster Club that raised $60,000 for PTHS athletics.
• Created and MC the TEAM Port Townsend Booster Club Sports Auction that raised approximately $80,000 in two years.
- Still holds the Turlock High School Wrestling Single Season Pin Record (32 – set in 1972).
• Seven Outstanding Wrestler Tournament Awards including sub-sections and sections. Two-time champion at Conference, Sub-sections and Sections. Fifth place finish at Nor Cal (junior year).
• Member of Turlock’s 1971 undefeated football and 1972 undefeated wrestling teams.
• Awarded Turlock’s MVP Award in both Football and Wrestling (1972).
• Walked-On, earned a scholarship and started on both nationally ranked football and wrestling teams at Cal Poly, SLO (1973-75).