Summer Institutes & CALSA present
The Pipeline Summit
Summer Institutes & CALSA One-Day Recharge is the perfect solution for educators looking to retool, rejuvenate, and create a culture of hope.
Participants will benefit from:
- Unique 1-day administrator unity symposium
- University of Pacific Salary Professional 1-2 semester credits available
- Exploration of HOPE Pipeline paths to increase caring relationship-based education, decrease teacher burnout, increase social/emotional wellness & encourage teachers to become relational-based leaders in administrative rolls
- A vibrant Culture of Hope Pipeline through administrators, teachers, students, coaches, parents, educational partners, and community
- A Wellness Pipeline for nutrition and activities
- 5-Star rated presenters only! Featuring Rick Miller, Kids At Hope
- Ignite Talks (with partners and educators)
- Inclusion of crucial classroom management skills components
Participants will feel rejuvenated, retooled, and remember why they are educators.
- Develop a pipeline of caring, trusting relationships in a culture of HOPE from administrators to teachers to students to parents to community!
- Develop a pipeline of SI trained teachers to become more effective administrative leaders.
- Develop a pipeline for all participants to have empathy and support each other through social/emotional/physical wellness activities.
- Ignite Talks – 5 min talks on various topics
Featured Presenter: Rick Miller
Spend a day with Rick Miller, founder, CEO and Chief Treasure Hunter of Kids at Hope.
Rick is the founder and CEO of Kids at Hope, an international child, and youth development organization that studies family, school, and community cultures to understand better the dynamics of success and failure.
Rick is also a professor of practice and clinical director within Arizona State University’s Center for the Advanced Study and Practice of HOPE the world’s first academic, research and community outreach center committed to the science and practice of HOPE.
Rick has spent 49 years in the field of child and youth development as a practitioner, researcher, teacher, public policy expert, and author.
He has published four books including Youth Development from the Trenches and his newest book due out spring of 2019, The Soul, Science and Culture of HOPE.
Rick’s research is revolutionizing the understanding of child and youth development and cultures. His work is modeled in 21 states and Canada and has been cited by the American Academy of Pediatrics in a book it published on youth resiliency.
In 2014 the Arizona Supreme Court adopted Kids at Hope to help redefine their juvenile justice system from risk to hope.
He has received Arizona State University’s Visionary Award; the City of Phoenix, Martin Luther King, Jr. Living the Dream Award; and the Freedom Foundation at Valley Forge George Washington Medal.
Included in his many keynotes, workshops, seminars, and symposiums is a TED Talk.
Site Coordinator: Scott Ricardo
Scott Ricardo, Summer Institutes President/Founder 1987, will be personally facilitating this first Pipeline Summit.
Scott will be covering the follow topics during the summit:
- Relationship building based on care, hope & trust
- Mindfulness practices to decrease stress
- Social & Emotional Wellness
- Subject/Grade level PLC Facilitator
- Place Based Education
- Wellness Education
Location & Directions
This event will take place at the QLN Center, 938 Avenida Del Oro, Oceanside, CA 92056